Tuesday, January 27, 2009

One Week







Malabrigo is one of my "new" favorite yarns. Last year when I started knitting again seriously I made two new friends with Malabrigo and Noro.


I finally got around to knitting Fetching http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEsummer06/PATTfetching.html with some Malabrigo Purple Magic. The intent was to reduce the stash since this year was in the "purple" stash. I ended up going to the LYS in a fit of madness and purchased three skeins of three colors.

Therefore, I made Mom a set of Fetching for her 80th Birthday (today) in Malabrigo Jacinto. There is enough yarn in the skein to knit up Calorimetry http://knitty.com/ISSUEwinter06/PATTcalorimetry.html. I found a wonderful button in my vintage collection.

I think the Malabrigo Golden Ochre will be another set of Fetching and Calormetry and the Malabrigo Pinot will be another Fetching. What to do with the leftovers?


I still have an Amanda hat to finish. It has been on the needles forever. It is one of those patterns that simply defeats me for no real reason.


And not to forget the Noro:




And lastly the Boston Red Sox:





Not bad for one week's knitting!

No comments: