Monday, May 3, 2010

Fabric Journal Cover

Recently Teesha Moore posted a tutorial on her blog making fabric journal covers. Teesha's journal covers are great. It was also a license to not be quite so perfect. I purposely threw out all worries about perfection with years of embroidery and quilting to come up with this:
Front Cover

Inside Front Cover

Inside Back Cover

Back Cover

Signature Detail

Embroidery and embellishment detail
I made the red tassels. Each tassel is one half a skein of standard embroidery floss. I would have made more but I only had three skeins and I wanted to hold on to a little left over red for future projects.
Overall the journal cover is 9 in x 10 in with two signatures of Fabriano Aristico 140 lbs Hot Press watercolor paper. I painted the signatures prior to sewing them in to the journal cover as painting journal pages can be messy. Now I just have to fill it up with journal stuff.

No comments: