Sunday, January 17, 2010

My New BFF


Lamy Safari, 6 in x 6 in Canson 65 lbs sketchbook
I had been reading and viewing sketches and drawings done with the Lamy Safari I thought it might be something I needed in my art supply arsenal. However, I haven't been that big on fountain pens since the 9th grade when I had my trusty Schaeffer cartridge fountain pen. I have a couple of really cheap fountain pens (Manuscript and Dollar). I just didn't like them. The good thing about those two pens is that it made me appreciate the Lamy Safari more. I love this pen. I am working out my issues with using a fountain pen and I am not overly thrilled with the blue ink it came with. I will use the blue ink cartridge when I can purchase new colors or a converter as I would like to use grey or sepia ink for sketching.

1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

I was gifted a neat fountain pen and a jar of ink that I have yet to use for artistic purposes. I was paying bills (writing checks) with another fountain pen that I have and found that it runs all over when it gets wet! Fast lesson in writing out checks and envelopes with a regular pen. LOL Love this little sketch though!