Thursday, April 1, 2010

International Fake Journal Month



6 in x 9 in Fabriano Venezia Sketchbook, PITT Pen (and accidental use of a Pilot G-2), Pan Pastel and W&N travel set watercolors, Clip from PDF Brochure printed from Corsica Ferries website

Today is Day One of International Fake Journal Month. I decided to go to Corsica with DH. Therefore, I am still "me" but there is a whole bunch of things different:
  • I usually keep a sketchbook and not a journal.
  • I rarely write in my sketchbooks (or even the scrapbooks I have made).
  • I tend to get caught in the details and do not sketch or paint very quickly.
  • I have never been to Italy, France/Corsica.
  • I am not a good fiction writer.
  • I have never had the money or the time to travel for over a month.

As I was researching, I realized that I was taking a "Virtual Vacation". I could not believe how many live webcams, Google Maps (love the new 3D application), photos, websites that are available. Just like being there.

First and foremost, it is a work of fiction and a fake journal. I chose to stay with me rather than a fictional person so I wouldn't lose interest for a month. Fictional yet factual.

About the journal pages, Corsica is nine hours ahead of San Francisco Bay Area. So the day is over in Corsica and I can post my pages. I drew the pictures all very quickly (about half hour). And the writing was fast. The fake me is having a great time.

1 comment:

Kat Haberlack said...

I love the quick pictures, the story and the feel! It really is as though you are there. I'm eager to find out the rest of your adventures in Corsica! Can't wait to see what everyone else is up to...