6 in x 9 in Fabriano Venezia Sketchbook, PITT Pen (and accidental use of a Pilot G-2), Pan Pastel and W&N travel set watercolors, Clip from PDF Brochure printed from Corsica Ferries website
Today is Day One of International Fake Journal Month. I decided to go to Corsica with DH. Therefore, I am still "me" but there is a whole bunch of things different:
- I usually keep a sketchbook and not a journal.
- I rarely write in my sketchbooks (or even the scrapbooks I have made).
- I tend to get caught in the details and do not sketch or paint very quickly.
- I have never been to Italy, France/Corsica.
- I am not a good fiction writer.
- I have never had the money or the time to travel for over a month.
As I was researching, I realized that I was taking a "Virtual Vacation". I could not believe how many live webcams, Google Maps (love the new 3D application), photos, websites that are available. Just like being there.
First and foremost, it is a work of fiction and a fake journal. I chose to stay with me rather than a fictional person so I wouldn't lose interest for a month. Fictional yet factual.
About the journal pages, Corsica is nine hours ahead of San Francisco Bay Area. So the day is over in Corsica and I can post my pages. I drew the pictures all very quickly (about half hour). And the writing was fast. The fake me is having a great time.