Friday, December 18, 2009

It's Not Much But I Liked It

We visit Larkspur Landing down the road quite a bit. There is a Starbucks and a nice central fountain to sit out and enjoy. I drew it once in October 2009.

Earlier in the year a new company took over this shopping center. With the intent to drive in more business, they are working on some renovations. Oddly enough their vision is pretty darn similar to the original one that was there in the late 70s and early 80s when they tore down the original Hutchinson's Rock Quarry. The final scene from Dirty Harry was filmed here.

However, I was quite dismayed when we went for a coffee break to see some men demolishing the fountain. I love the fountain. I think they are going to put a children's play area there.

To commemorate the occasion, I sketched this (with my new watercolor graphite pencil):



DH took over and sketched this.

1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

Two artists in one family?? That has to be so much fun and so interesting! Love his sketch, and as always, your work is beautiful!